Monday, January 29, 2007

I´m Back

Well, I don´t have that much time to write all about my trip right now, but I thought I´d at least post something so that you all know I made it back to San Jose safely and am back to my regular routine. Today I was sick, and had to miss conversation class because I had such a bad headache ... my mom says it´s probably from the trip and all the chaos and the change in food and altitude and all. So I´m just going to go to bed early and take care of myself. The trip was amazing and a great time for us students to get to know each other better. I took lots of pictures, and as soon as I can, I will write all about the trip with pictures included. Right now I have to work on my essay about Limon and do some interviews for my other big essay as well. I just handed in an assignment today that I wrote completely in Spanish. But things are getting easier here and I really understand a lot more now and am more confident in speaking with people and with my family - praise God! My family here is doing well, and my mom says that my aunt is doing a lot better today - yesterday she was in a lot of pain from the surgery. They don´t know if they got all the cancer yet, but it´s a blessing that she´s feeling better already. This weekend, some of the students may be planning a trip to the rainforest so that will be interesting!!! So for now, adios! FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS MAMI!!! (happy birthday mom - my mom in Canada)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
Thought I'd send a quick email to say hi and that I peek up on blogspot every few days. Glad you are having such a great time in Costa Rica. ENJOY!
God bless,
Nicole Baarda

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Sarah,I miss you. We love you so much. We went for lunch to Pastor Wilkins' house the other day and had fun playing with Joanna. We can't wait until we can play with you and have lunch with you again too. Keep up the good work! Love Maddy and Barbara

*Sarah Dawn* said...

Hey Sarah Gillis!
I was thinking about you today. I want you to know that you're on my heart and I am so excited to hear about the wonderful things in Costa Rica. Please don't forget "Yo hambre pour un hombre!" ;) I miss Spanish class with you! But I'm sure being in Costa Rica is much more condusive for your love to learn the language! Anyways, hope you had a great day! Hasta luego!